The Infomaniac's Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Infomaniac's Classroom

Welcome! C'mon in!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
everyfan
Roamer
everyfan

Bricks Placed : 4

Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)   Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am

The LEGO Island data files are in the format ".si". After some googling, I discovered that Softimage 3D, a former 3D graphics software used in things like Super Mario 64, and the movie Jurassic Park; well, it used ".si" to store 2D and 3D data. Maybe; the source might not have been accurate. But the point is, it is a possibility that LEGO Island merely reads the .si files from Softimage, and used them in-game. Unfortunately, I have MAC OS X, and no access to Softimage 3D. But, maybe some of YOU!!!...
Back to top Go down
Mys
Infomaniac

Bricks Placed : 129

PostSubject: Re: Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)   Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I tried Autodesk Softimage already, and I didn't see it able to open or import SI files, the closest thing was XSI files (I think it was).
Back to top Go down
http://s3.zetaboards.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/profile/4101850/
everyfan
Roamer
everyfan

Bricks Placed : 4

PostSubject: Re: Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)   Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 pm

DANG IT!! :(
Back to top Go down
Mys
Infomaniac

Bricks Placed : 129

PostSubject: Re: Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)   Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

If I got to speak with someone who actually worked on the development on the game, I would ask them what program they used. Because well, once before I did ask someone on another game what they used to make the maps (despite being in a totally unknown format and they must of made some plugin to make it into another format), and I got an answer. :af:
Back to top Go down
http://s3.zetaboards.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/profile/4101850/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)   Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Data Files (BUM-BUM-BUM!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1