The Infomaniac's Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Infomaniac's Classroom

Welcome! C'mon in!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Original Comic Book/Manual

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrEightThreeOne
Islander
MrEightThreeOne

Bricks Placed : 34

The Original Comic Book/Manual Empty
PostSubject: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 pm

So, as many of you may know, the first LEGO Island game came with an instruction book in the form of a comic book, explaining the game's back story and everything. However, the manual has become a rarity to have. However, they did include it as a PDF file in the later copies. Since not everybody has a later copy though, I decided I'd get it all uploaded here to let those who are curious to look at it.
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page2_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page3_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page4_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page5_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page6_11
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page7_11
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page8_11
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page9_10
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1010
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1110
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1210
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1310
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1410
The Original Comic Book/Manual Page1510

So yeah, that's pretty much the entire manual. There's some really interesting stuff in it; until I read it, I had no idea that picture in Pepper's house in the second game was Bologona Roni!
Back to top Go down
McStudz
Infomaniac
McStudz

Bricks Placed : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Oh, good. You found a manual. Now we can REALLY have some fun!

Anyways, great find! Was it in the disk files? I would have posted it, but... Too much effort.

Now, if only we could get Wes to give us some LI Concept art that he has... I should talk to him some time soon.
Back to top Go down
https://green-redbrick.canadian-forum.com
MrEightThreeOne
Islander
MrEightThreeOne

Bricks Placed : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 am

This is the PDF file from the 2002 version of the game. If you have a 1997 copy, it came printed, although it's very common to have lost it at some point. A lot of other Lego games released in 2001 or later have the manual as a PDF instead of printed. I decided to upload this for the people who haven't seen it before or lost it.
Back to top Go down
McStudz
Infomaniac
McStudz

Bricks Placed : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:57 pm

...Actually, I'm lucky enough to nab BOTH versions of LI1. Although I'd much rather have one copy and that Infomaniac figure that came with the original...
Back to top Go down
https://green-redbrick.canadian-forum.com
LegoEssence
Roamer
LegoEssence

Bricks Placed : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 am

Pretty sure I had this, might still have it somewhere. Got the original disc from 1997 still, so I should.
Back to top Go down
Brickulator
Roamer
Brickulator

Bricks Placed : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 am

There's a few things missing from that PDF version (the puzzles and a couple of little things) but most of it's there.

For anyone who cares here's my copy of the manual, in almost perfect condition ;)

The Original Comic Book/Manual Manual

I uploaded a few other pictures of the box etc here.
Back to top Go down
Mys
Infomaniac

Bricks Placed : 129

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 am

'Almost' perfect condition? There seems to be a lot of scratches on the front and back, as if it is a worn out book.

Okay, one thing I have to say about the comic. How did his shirt change colour when the turned into LEGO? :P
(didn't really get around to reading the whole comic yet, might comment on the rest later [tomorrow])
Back to top Go down
http://s3.zetaboards.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/profile/4101850/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Original Comic Book/Manual   The Original Comic Book/Manual Empty

Back to top Go down

The Original Comic Book/Manual

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1